Thursday, July 24, 2008

Training for the TEAM-ASHA, Dallas White Rock Marathon

A big "Hello World" to the blogging world again ! I have been blogging on and of in the past two years and completely stopped it about 10 months back. Now I started to start afresh again.
A perfect excuse to start it again is the fact that I am training for the TEAM-ASHA , Dallas White Rock Marathon (http://www.runtherock.com/) . I started the unofficial running with the wonderful volunteers of the Asha group about 2 months ago. Then I went on a 3 week vacation to Belgium, Italy and Mexico where I did very little training.

We recently (July-12) started the official training program with the Dallas Running Club  http://www.dallasrunningclub.com ). I will talk about my experience with running, the gear and the training in the future posts !

Those of you who run often know what a pleasure it is to achieve your target distance or speed or just finishing your goal ! The most important reason why I am doing this marathon is because of the difference that the funds raised through this event will bring to the children of India. In the near future, I will let you know of the details as to how you can be my 'running partner' by contributing funds to this wonderful cause.

No comments: