Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tempo Run – Dec 9, 2008

It was another cold, windy evening to run. The temperate was about 35F (with the effect of wind) when I reached the trail at 4:45 pm. I wanted to do a quick and easy 5 miles. During the first 2.5 miles, I had wind behind my back and it helped in getting a good pace going and I finished the 2.5 miles in 21 minutes. It got really tough on the way back since the wind was blowing on the face and it was hindering the speed as well. I had to put in extra effort to maintain the pace of 8:30 min/mile. I speeded up a bit after 3.5 miles for about a mile and really picked up the pace for the last half mile. I was satisfied with the final pace of 8:26 min/mile for the entire 5 miles especially since I managed to finish it without any break. If anything, I would have liked the heart rate to be a bit lower. That would be the trick to sustaining the pace for longer distances.

I need to reach another goal, the main one, for which I started doing this marathon program. My fund raiser for the Marathon is $1500 and I am about half way there. If you have not already contributed, here is the donation link to support the children:

http://www.ashanet.org/dallas/soh/Srinivasan_profile_2008.html

Here are the stats from the GPS for today's run:

Activity

Type

Activity

Type

Miles

Time (HH:MM:SS)

Avg. Pace (min/Mile)

Avg. Speed

Calories Burnt

Avg. Heart Rate

Morning

Morning

Evening

Evening

  

  

  

  

  

  

Strength

Back,Biceps

Running

Tempo Run

5.01

0:42:16

8:26

7.1

648

170

No comments: