Thursday, December 4, 2008

Weekday Long Run – Dec 3,2008

This is my longest weekday run before the marathon. Since I woke up late in the morning, I was running in the evening. I reached the trail at 4:30 pm. It was not so cold when I started but it was windy. The advantage was that I had wind on my back after a mile. That helped a bit and I was able to finish the first 5 miles without stopping at 8:30 min/mile. After the 4.5 miles, I was returning back and had the wind blowing on my face. This made things really difficult and the pace slowed down to 8:45 min/mile. I took a break again after 6 miles to have some water. At this point, I was really tired and took a break for 3 minutes. After this, I ran for about a mile and half and took a break for a couple of minutes again before I finished the final 1.5 miles. It was really dark by the time I finished and the average pace was 8:37 min/mile. Once again, it was the cold and wind that was very troubling for the second half of the run. It is getting really tough for me to run in the cold and wind. Here are the stats from the GPS:

Activity

Type

Activity

Type

Miles

Time (HH:MM:SS)

Avg. Pace (min/Mile)

Avg. Speed

Calories Burnt

Avg. Heart Rate

Morning

Morning

Evening

Evening

  

  

  

  

  

  

None

None

Running

Long Run

9:01

1:17:43

8:37

7

1157

169

No comments: