Sunday, August 31, 2008

Long Run – Aug 30,2008

Today's long run was relatively a short one (7 miles). I am little puzzled on why the distance goes down during the marathon training but I guess this is part of the scientific process to get the body acclimatized.

I reached the White rock lake 5 min late. My pace group had already left. Since I wanted to catch up with them, I started to sprint for the first half mile at 7.5 min/mile. This was a blessing in disguise as I finally was able to reach my goal of finishing the long run below the 10min/mile which was a long standing psychological barrier :) I am going to switch my pace group from next week to 10min and below for the marathon.

Woo…Hoo..this is one small step towards reaching my goal for the marathon J

Here is the log from the GPS:

Date 

Day 

Type 

Miles  

Time (HH:MM:SS) 

Avg. Pace (min/Mile) 

Avg. Speed 

Calories Burnt 

Avg. Heart Rate 

28-Aug 

Thu 

Interval 

6.01 

1:00:00 

10:00 

6 

720 

160 

No comments: