Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tempo Run – Aug 25, 2008

Tempo run is about running a good enough distance at a pace which is at least one minute per mile faster than your usual pace. My current speed is 10:15 minutes / mile. Today's goal was to run one mile warm up at a leisure pace ( 12 min /mile) and then do a 3 miles at 9 min/mile and then cool down for one mile at a leisure pace (12 min/mile).

There were just two more Asha runners that showed up for the tempo run. I started at 7 pm at a decent pace. After the warm up mile at 12min/mile, I started the 9 min/mile pace. After running for about 1.5 miles, I got really exhausted and took a break for 3 minutes. Then again did another 1.5 miles at 9min/mile. Took a break again for 2 minutes and completed the cool down at 11 min/mile.

Here are the average stats from my GPS. This is just an average. Although I have pace zones in the GPS, I am just tracking the averages.

























DateDayTypeMiles Time (HH:MM:SS)Avg. Pace (min/Mile)Avg. SpeedCalories BurntAvg. Heart Rate

25-Aug


MonTempo Run

5.02



0:53:53



10:43



5.6



640



161



No comments: