Sunday, November 30, 2008

Long Run : The tapering Starts – Nov 30,2008

The Thanksgiving holidays bring their share of over eating, boozing and staying out late night. All this meant less physical activity this week. One week of slack made the long run on Saturday the worst run that I have had to go through in a long time. We started at 6:30 am and I was struggling after 2 miles but managed to keep up with the group for about 7 miles. Then the blister on my calf and the effect of over booze the night earlier was having its effect. I really slowed down and started walking. I was cut off from my running group and ran one mile by myself. I stopped after 8 miles at a water stop at which point the next pace group joined. I ran with this pace group for about 2 miles but slowed down again. I walked for about a mile after that and ran the final 2 miles. So, although the entire course was for 14 miles, I ran only 12 miles and walked 2 miles and the pace was also the worst in the past one month. I should really get back to the regular schedule in the coming week and hope that the calf blister injury heals in time for the marathon. Here are the stats from the GPS:

Activity

Type

Activity

Type

Miles

Time (HH:MM:SS)

Avg. Pace (min/Mile)

Avg. Speed

Calories Burnt

Avg. Heart Rate

Morning

Morning

Evening

Evening

  

  

  

  

  

  

Running

Long Run

None

None

12:15

1:51:07

9:09

6.6

1564

169

No comments: