Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tempo Run – Nov 13,2008

For a long time, I wanted to run on a trail near work but never found a running partner to do this. Finally, a colleague agreed to run in the noon at the trail. I ran with this guy last year for about 10 minutes after which I realized I wouldn't be able to match his speed. The experience was made worse since I lost my way on the trail and took a while to get back to work. As I have improved quite a bit, I decided to try running with this guy once again. He was generous enough to run with me at my pace ! My usual pace is 9 min/mile but I decided to speed up by half a minute to challenge myself. This pace was about half a minute /mile slower than his pace. We speeded up a bit after 4.5 miles. This was also the first time that I was running on a muddy trail which is much easier on your legs although it slows you down a little bit. I was happy to see that I had averaged less than 8:30 min/mile for this run !

Here are the stats from the GPS:

Activity

Type

Activity

Type

Miles

Time (HH:MM:SS)

Avg. Pace (min/Mile)

Avg. Speed

Calories Burnt

Avg. Heart Rate

Morning

Morning

Evening

Evening

  

  

  

  

  

  

Running

Tempo Run

None

None

5.06

0:42:55

8:28

7.1

662

169


 

No comments: