Thursday, October 30, 2008

The 8 Mile Tempo Run – Oct 29, 2008

With the DRC half marathon coming up this weekend, I decided to push myself a bit and test the limits for this 8 mile tempo run. My goal was to try and do an 8:30 min/mile pace. The weather was also great for running. With my new gloves and the ear protecting head band for protection, I didn't feel the cold hurting at all. I finished the first 4 miles in 33:45, just 15 seconds better than my target. The return back is a little downhill for the first couple of miles and I was able to maintain my pace although I could feel that the heart rate was up more than the normal. I finished the seventh mile in 59:30, which is exactly at 8:30 min/mile. At this point, I started sprinting for the last mile. This was the first time I was spring towards the end as opposed to doing it at the start which usually leaves me worn out after first couple of miles.

I finished the last mile in 7:40 which is my best time running a mile (other than a track). Here are the stats from the GPS. Note that high average heart rate indicating that this was a much faster pace for me. Hope I get used to this in future.

Activity

Type

Activity

Type

Miles

Time (HH:MM:SS)

Avg. Pace (min/Mile)

Avg. Speed

Calories Burnt

Avg. Heart Rate

Morning

Morning

Evening

Evening

  

  

  

  

  

  

Running

Tempo Run: 8 mi @8:30

None

None

8:00

1:07:10

8:23

7.1

1039

169

No comments: