Friday, October 24, 2008

The Non Stop 10 Miles Tempo Run – Oct 21,2008

Today was the first nonstop 10 mile run. By non-stop, I mean I didn't take any water breaks or stop. I reached the Campion trail at 7:15 and started the run. The goal was to complete running 10 miles at my PMP (Planned Marathon Pace) without stopping. I did the first half mile at 9:30 min/mile and gradually speeded up. The trail is a 4.5 mile stretch. By the time I reached the end of 4.5 miles, I was doing 8 min 50 sec per mile. I had my first packet of Gu gel at 3 mile mark. That was keeping me from getting tired. The return back on the trail is a bit more easier since it's a little bit of down hill for about a mile. I finished the 6 miles in about 53 minutes. Since the entire stretch was 9 miles, I turned around at the 6 mile mark and went back half a mile so that I can finish 10 miles. I started having a sip of Gatorade for every half a mile after completing 7 miles. I finished the entire 10 miles in 88 minutes. Considering the entire path was a reinforced concrete track, my leg was aching a bit but the body was not so tired. I went back home, did some post running stretches, had a shower and breakfast and left for work.

Looks like my body can do 10 miles without much stress now. When I started running, my breaking point was at 3 miles, after 2 months of training, it was at 6 miles and it looks like now it's at 12 miles.

Here are the stats from the GPS.

Activity

Type

Activity

Type

Miles

Time (HH:MM:SS)

Avg. Pace (min/Mile)

Avg. Speed

Calories Burnt

Avg. Heart Rate

Morning

Morning

Evening

Evening

  

  

  

  

  

  

Running

Tempo Run: 10 mi @ PMP

None

None

10.01

1:28:31

8:50

6.8

1288

166

No comments: