Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tempo Run – Oct 13, 2008

After finishing a hard cycling yesterday, I was too tired to run in the morning. So, I decided to run in the evening. I reached the Chisholm trail at 6:30 pm so that I could finish the run before it gets too dark. Here is the split on how I did the 6.5 miles tempo run:

Easy Pace 1 mile: 9:15 min (Warmup)

Tempo Pace 3 miles: 8:30 min/mile

Tempo Pace 1 mile: 9:00 min/mile

Cool Down, 1.5 miles : 9:30 min/mile

As you can see, my average tempo pace has improved by almost 30 seconds from a month ago. So, practice does maketh a man better ! I usually don't listen to any music instead preferring to spend it more constructively listening to some podcasts. Here is a link to some interesting podcast from Stanford's Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders lecture series which is worth your time. (http://ecorner.stanford.edu/podcasts.html)

Here are the stats from my GPS watch:

Activity

Type

Activity

Type

Miles

Time (HH:MM:SS)

Avg. Pace (min/Mile)

Avg. Speed

Calories Burnt

Avg. Heart Rate

Morning

Morning

Evening

Evening

      

None

None

Running

Tempo Run: - 6 miles (1mi EP/4mi@MT/1mi@EP)

6.51

0:57:25

8:49

6.8

8.3

836


 

No comments: