Friday, September 12, 2008

Long Run (12 Miles) – Sep 12, 2008

Today was the long run for 12 miles. My longest run so far was 10 miles. This would be a new challenge!

I reached the White Rock late 30 minutes late. The entire Dallas Running Club team had already left L. But I decided to go alone and do the 12 miles. After a long time, I ran while listening to podcast (iPhone). I am not a big music fan and most of the time run while listening to some random podcast.

I ran the first 6 miles in 57 minutes beating my old record of 61 minutes. Then I walked for about 3 minutes. Then started again and did the next 3 miles in 30 minutes. I was mostly drained out by now since it was very hot. So, the last 3 miles took about 37 minutes. I was disappointed by the last 3 miles since it is was much below my average. But hey..I hit a new record for 12 miles J. Moreover, I was not really pushing myself for the last 3 miles since I didn't want to hurt myself. In hindsight, that was probably a good decision since I had some cramps over the weekend and I could have hurt myself if I had pushed the last 3 miles.

Here are the stats from the Forerunner:

Date

Day

Activity

Type

Miles

Time (HH:MM:SS)

Avg. Pace (min/Mile)

Avg. Speed

Calories Burnt

Avg. Heart Rate

6-Sep

Sat

Running

Long Run

12:03

2:09:14

10:44

5.6

1575

163

No comments: